So in my daily reading today, the same message came up in two different books.
Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest"
Jan 6th
Worship is giving God the best that He has given you. Be careful what you do with the best you have. Whenever you get a blessing from God, give it back to Him as a love gift.......God will never let you hold a spiritual thing for yourself, it has to be given back to Him that He may make it a blessing to others. The questions I had about this part of it was "I can not hold what God has given me but I have to listen, wait and act (as one movement-stated in more of this daily devotion), And give it back to Him where He wants it. For me I can understand that part in finances, He gives to me, I give to others and so goes the cycle. But when it comes to certain things, I am not sure how I can do this???? When it comes to spiritual gifts, and ways of worship, how do I give back? When it comes to dance, how can I give to others?
Then as I went to work I continued my reading of Judy Jacobs "Stand Strong" in chapter 2 she is talking about perilous times and here is a quote "Jesus has helped and is helping you get out of your mess so you can reach out and help somebody else. You are able to stand strong now, and its time to lend some of your strength (which is His strength) to somebody else The Bible plainly tells us why we go through some things we don't understand:"so when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation! For when God comforts us, it is so that we, in turn, can be an encouragement to you" (2 Cor 1:6, NLT)
It was such an amazing blessing to go from one book to another and God answered my questions. He showed me how/where/who to help with what He has given me. Do I desire to be going through a divorce? No, but can I be a blessing to my friend at work going through the same thing without Christ. Do I REALLY want to be so weak all the time? In my weakness HE is (constantly) made strong.
Thank you Lord for YOUR constant voice in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment